Quay doesn't control download speed since it links directly to S3 for image downloads. Quay.io is hosted in the us-east-1 region on AWS. We advise users to check the network connection to this region using a tool like speedtest for aws.
If that does not provide any insight:
1. restart docker daemon
2. provide the output of a timed docker pull $ time docker pull quay.io/<insert your repository name>
3. provide version of docker $ docker version
4. if users use AWS and it's possible, place their ec2 machines in us-east-1
5. use a VPN. This may cause more number of hops, but lower overall latency
6. verify that there are no DNS issues in the network
If none of the suggestions helped, users may wish to try using our Squashed Image feature. Here is more information on how to pull squashed images.
Please sign in to leave a comment.